Policy H16 - Potash Road
Areas for consideration;
- Potash Road narrow with poor sight-lines, especially towards Norsey Road
- The two potential access roads are too narrow
- The development goes right up to the borough border. Chelmsford would be tempted to expand the site on their side of the border as Brentwood did with Basildon’s Dunton proposal.
- Environmental - no consideration of the high probability that rare dormice and badgers are present. Potential for many established trees to be lost.
- A long distance from the High Street and other services leading to high car use
- Extra congestion at Stock Road roundabout
- Potential for increased rat-running through Bridles estate