What Happens Next?
In January 2016 Basildon Council published the new draft Local Plan. There will be an 8 week public consultation period ending on the 24th March 2016. There will be a second public consultation in the winter of 2016. During the 1st quarter of 2017 responses will be considered, Councillors will approve the final Local Plan and it will be submitted to the Planning Inspectorate. The Planning Inspectorate’s independent examiner will examine the Local Plan in Spring and there will then be an Examination in Public in Summer 2017. The Local Plan is due to be adopted in Spring 2018.
Summary of dates
- January 2016 - New draft of local planned launched --> Click here to go to the Basildon Council website
- January to March 24th 2016 - Consultation period - please have your say!
- Winter 2016 - Second public consultation
- 1st Quarter 2017 - responses will be considered by the council and Councillors will approve final plan
- Summer 2017 - Public examination
- Spring 2018 - Local Plan adopted
Basildon Council is following a nationally determined process. This download provides a helpful guide to understanding that process.